How wrong was I, after emailing Steve last week he had advised I took the TPS assembly out and diagnosed it on the bench to make sure It was putting out a clean 0-5V signal from zero throttle position to 5V max throttle position, plus I had a sneaky feeling that I may have put the magnets in wrong (when I got the TPS assembly from Steve it had no magnets or sensor fitted).
Spent half an hour or so re-soldering the sensor to the throttle cable to allow for better insulation of each TPS sensor wire, it’s a very small sensor, and the hole it fits into is not much larger either so it leaves very little space to insulate everything.
Wired it up to my bench PSU and gave it 5V monitored output signal and waved the sensor at the magnets, nothing not a dickybird!
I was beginning to wonder if the TPS was stuffed when I discovered that the hall effect sensor only works when it is in close proximity to the magnets so I fitted the sensor in its housing and screwed this into the TPS assembly and voila I had needle movement on my DVM, spent the next 30 minutes discovering that I had the magnets 90 degrees out of phase and one set reverse orientated, corrected all of this and I had a good signal coming out of the TPS, Time to put it back in the car.
Refitted the TPS assembly and fired up the Soliton for a recalibration of the throttle, there was no apparent change until I touched the throttle after recalibrating and heard the pleasing sound of the Kostov whirring into life
WICKED, IT WORKS! “Quick love get the camera” I shouted to my partner and here is the result.