Seeing as this would require the complete removal of the entire Traction Pack and cracking the lids (Silicone sealed against damp) I had been putting it off until I had another reason to do it, Well here it came, I was around the mother in laws the other day and when I went to leave the car switched on as normal but when I put my foot on the pedal “nothing” not a dickybird no movement what so ever from the motor, suspected low 12V at first but a laptop conformed the problem was not with the controller at all as far as it was concerned it was all systems go! So this left only one possible explanation, The LVC/HVC loom was preventing throttle.
So I either had another dead cell or there was a fault on the loom and considering the recent damp spell I was suspecting damp in the loom.
Taking a little risk I removed the loom and connected the throttle directly to enable me to drive home (which worked) and the next day (which was a Sunday luckily) I set about the complete removal of the traction pack.
I had previously purchased the required ODBC II cables (4 of them, Three short 1 meter and one long 3 meter) to allow the complete LVC/HVC replacement loom, The huge advantage of the ODBC II cables is the waterproof plugs and sockets that are designed for automotive use and so do not suffer from damp or dirt getting into the connections and causing failures.
After removing all the lids I found that yet again despite my efforts with silicone the front Battery box has been compromised with a little water nothing major but not good all the same, So I took a heat gun to it on low to dry it our properly and after fitting the ODBC LVC/HVC loom cable did a full silicone seal to try once more to protect against water, However I think the under tray is vital now to see if that will stop water getting into this front box.
Strangely and despite there being no rubber grommets at all on the rear boxes they were both dry as a bone so obviously the front is where the water issues are causing problems, let’s hope the new waterproof LVC/HVC cable loom does the trick (Plus the imminent front under tray)